Monday, March 22, 2010

GOD has called on another......... MY DADDY!!!!

On March 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM my dad passed away. He died peacefully and is no longer in pain. He died with his best friend sitting next to him and a loving daughter on the way to be with him. I missed him by an hour. I had a baby shower at work early in the morning and when I got home my mom called me from Hospice and told me he was having a bad day and things did not look good. I felt something come over me and I had to be there. I called my boss who is amazing and told him that I had to be there. I hopped in the car at 2:50PM on my way to be there for him. When I spoke with his nurse she said that I may not make it in time but he was comfortable and not in any pain.
My mom told him that I was coming and I would be there around 6:30 PM. I had to watch my speed and I promised my mom that I would drive safely since I have precious cargo in my belly (my baby girl). I stopped in Arcadia for a restroom break and drove by my dad's favorite house where the highway forks. Shortly after, I got a call from my mom that he passed and he was at peace.
I believe that things always happen in life for a reason...... I missed him by an hour....I do not think that he wanted me to see him like this......He choose to go before I could get there. He knew I was on my way and that I needed to be there for my mom.

I feel very sad and heartbroken that I will not be able to create more memories with him. I am grateful for the things he did for me, the time we shared, the support and love he gave me throughout the years. He was there for me and my mom throughout our lives. I know I may not have had the "nuclear" family, but I think I had something even more special. I had two parents that cared enough about me and each other to realize staying together was not fair for them or for me. I respect the friendship they where able to keep through the years. Although NOT in love they stilled loved each other and me. That is something I will always hold dear and true to my heart. We created some fun adult family times... taking several cruise... Disney trips.... sea world.... and just hanging out.

Although his life came to an end before he got to meet his granddaughter I know he will be her guardian angel and help me guide her to make the right decisions and help mold her into the woman that she will be one day.


I LOVE YOU DAD..... You are at peace and I am happy you are no longer suffering. I will miss you forever.......

No comments:

Post a Comment