Saturday, March 19, 2011

One Year Anniversary..... Dad I miss you......


Dad,

I can not believe it has been a year. WOW what a year it has been. I know that you are at peace and that you are up in heaven taking care of us down here. We miss you and love you so much…….. I wish I could hear one of your corny jokes or just hear that hearty laugh…..You do not know how much I miss you…..I break down and then I have to realize that you are cancer free now and that you are no longer in pain…. I really thought that you would beat it…as bad as things got at the end you kept fighting and you never gave up and I truly respect you for that. You are a strong man with conviction. I guess with my pregnancy I did not want to believe you were as sick as you were. Your funeral was very nice. I think Tom McQueen did a very nice job.

As for your granddaughter….When we talked you did not want me to use your middle name because you did not get along with your uncle….well…. I thought about it and I was naming her after YOU and not your uncle…..So I did it...she has the mixture of our middle names (Ray) (ne)….. I know you would love to visit and play with her. Although GOD called on you two months and 8 days prior to her birth I know you where there taking care of me and her through the rough labor and delivery. Your granddaughter had a few minor compilations that I know with the help of GOD and you she was able to overcome a majority of these injuries. Thank you so much….She is beautiful and I think she has your hearty laugh…. She will know everything about you and what a wonderful dad you were.

I hope you are happy with color and all the stuff I did with your home. I do feel bad that I couldn’t use more of your stuff. I know that you gave me the dogs last Christmas because that was important to you. I also took a few of the elephants. I hope you are proud of how the process was handled. I tried to do everything the way I think you would have liked to do it.

I am back to work and your son in law is taking great care of your grandbaby. He loves her so much and I am blown away on how great he is with her. With her little injuries I needed to go back so that we kept the insurance. It has been great so far. I am still praying of a job for him closer to mom. I would love to get back there sooner than later. He is still working here and there. He is starting training for a new contract that maybe able to help us out with a more stable income. I pray it goes as planned. Only time will tell.

Be at peace and I pray that you are proud of all the decision I have made throughout the process of the past year. Please continue to guide me in making the right decisions and with GODS help please continue to keep all of us all safe and healthy.

We love you………

No comments:

Post a Comment