Sunday, October 23, 2011

SARCOMA- Race for the Cure





Today wad a fun and emotional day. The Sarcoma Foundation has been having a 5K in Ft. Lauderdale for the past 4 years. I saw the event and decided to participate this year. I contacted Mike M who is a Sarcoma survivor and is the main contact for South Florida. He is amazing. The race was fun. You can definitely tell that there was a difference between the supporters of the cause and just the true grit iron runners. Mark and I walked it.. we thought about cutting he course by a 1/2 mile but we did the right thing and stayed on the course and finish a little less than an hour. I shared my dad's story with Mike and he made a sign on the course that said "In Loving Memory of Ronald Cloughsey". Here is a picture of the sign as well as me standing behind it with the shirt I made with a picture of the two of us.

Here are a few pictures from the race.

It was a beautiful, cool morning with some light sprinkles from the heavens.

Mark and I enjoyed the walk and we are thinking about doing one every once in a while. We are looking into it and we will bring Ashley in the stroller. It will be a great family thing to do and we will support some great causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment