Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ashley Rayne McCabe is here......





My beautiful baby girl Ashley Rayne arrived here on May 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM. She weighed 8.48 lbs and was 21.5 inches long.

We all teased that she was her fathers daughter by being late. On May 27th Grandma Pat's birthday we went to the doctor's to see when we were going to have baby McCabe. Dr. Falzone scheduled me to go in to the hospital that afternoon. We went in at 4 and started on cervigel to soften the cervix. At 6 am my cervix as completely soft and we were ready for the potocin to start the dilation process. At 7:30 AM Dr. Falzone came in and broke my water. That is when all the fun started. From 9 Am until 11 AM things got rough. I was in so much pain. At 1:30 I was 4 cm and they started the epidural. Unfortunately it did not take the first time, they adjusted it and my left side was not effected. So they did one more adjustment and finally I was ok, At 5:30PM I was 10cm and ready to go. But wait.......Mark & my Mom were nowhere in site. Mark went to KFC my mom was in the cafeteria. I got everyone on deck and we started pushing at 6PM.......Continued to push until 7:30 when the shift change came. The new nurse could tell there was something wrong and said she needed to get the doctor. Dr. Carlson showed up and they realized that Ashley's head was too big to make it down. We got that resolve with a little assistance from the doctor then we had another problem. Her shoulders got stuck and her vitals went down. Dr called for NICU standby using the term "DR> QUICK" as I look up I am being told to continue pushing even after the 3 count of contractions. 15 people are now in the room, respiratory therapist, NICU doctors and nurses along with the all the Labor and Delivery Nurses. Liz the nurse on duty jumped on top of me and started pushing with me to get her out. They had to turn her shoulders and pull her out on an angle. She had quite an entrance into this world.

We are so happy that she is here!!!! We love her sooo much.......

No comments:

Post a Comment